I didn't like this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to sweeten low carb ice cream. I usually use NuNaturals stevia for that purpose, but I thought to try something different for a change and I chose this because one of my favorite food bloggers use this sweetener. But wow, this was quite a terrible experience! It didn't matter that it felt a bit cold in mouth. It tasted sweet, not bitter at all or anything, but the aftertaste was so confusing. Actually it's hard to describe it, because it wasn't really the taste but more like a feeling that came after the taste. It spread all over my mouth and made me feel nauseous. Even after several hours I still had a feeling of sickness. I tried to make ice cream with this twice, but I couldn't eat more than just a few spoonfuls, because at both times it made me feel so terrible. My ice cream machine couldn't get the ice cream made with this to thicken properly either. I think I will still try this for baking, perhaps this product is more suitable for that kind of sweetening. *Update*: This was good for baking! I didn't get that horrible feeling when I ate baked goods made with this.

Wow! A Zero Calorie Sweetener That Is All Natural!

Posted by BeckySue on Sep 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Appreciate that this is 100% natural and vegan. Since this has a zero glycemic rating it won't raise your blood sugar. This product measures and sweetens like sugar.

awful aftertaste

Posted by nzreviewer on Mar 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've only used this once so far, but am hesitant to try it again. Used it to make brownies for a low-sugar dessert (a recipe I'd tried previously using coconut sugar with success), but while the texture was good, and it didn't seem *too* bad while you were eating it, it left an absolutely awful aftertaste - we had to throw the whole lot out.