A question the company won't answer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The labeling on this product states that it contains a "propriatory blend" of Levulose (read: fructose) and Lo Han. When I wrote them asking what the percentage of Lo Han was, I recieved no response. It is indeed, propriatory. Since it is listed after the Levulose, it contains less than the other fructose but who knows how much. The serving size is 1 gram, an unlikely serving for most people. It is likely to cake. On the positive side, it has a pleasent taste, and is not bitter...fructose after all is still sugar.

Fraudulent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Be warned: The main ingredient in this product is Fructose. (Levulose - as listed on ingredients) is just a fancy name for fructose. Fructose is cheap and easy to purchase. But not very good for you. Lo Han is something quite different - low G.I. , an antioxidant, immune enhancing, almost zero calories. Fructose is pure badness in comparison. I don't know how a health food company could sell such stuff with a good conscience. I will never, ever again purchase anything from Trimedica again. This - for people who have to follow a low GI, low calorie or low carbohydrate diet - is actually a pretty wicked thing to do. A label that loudly shouts about Lo Han. A blurb that lists all the virtues of Lo Han. And then the small print: Proprietary blend of Levulose and Lo Han. (As the levulose is listed first there is the most of it) - and still they try to hide the fact it is fructose by calling it a fancy name ie Levulose. Shame on Trimedica. I have been using this product for a while in good faith and trust only to learn it is actually pretty fraudulent.

Not so good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This sugar is not sweet, have to use a lot to get a little sweet taste and it hardens up quickly in the container so I have to dig it out, crumble it with a knife. I would not purchase this product again.

Worst "sweetener" I've tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I really wanted to like this but it wasn't sweet at all no matter how much you add! Big waste of 4 bucks. If you are looking for a natural sweetener I recommend nunaturals stevia.

Yummy.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I enjoy this in my coffee. It does not leave a bitter after taste like stevia does.

Finally a real sugar replacment

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Great tasting product. Has no metallic tatse nor does it change th foods tast. E bit pricey but worth because of the great "sweet" taste. Does not to to well in baking. Melts slower in cold drinks.

Once opened it hardens to a solid piece (like a rock).

Posted by acumen on Sep 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Once you open this it only takes a few days that it gets so hard that you can't use it at all, not even your spoon can break it. I'd suggest you try other artificial sweeteners, try Stevia instead - better in every way. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

Dont like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use to take stevia and I wanted to give a try to this. This will be my first and last time. I do not like the taste and I need to use a lot more than stevia to get the sweetness I like. Bad, bad bad

slimsweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

slimsweet tasted ok, but it took about as much as sugar to sweeten coffee.

Can't taste the sweetness...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Melted in my mouth, but couldn't taste anything until it is way to the back of my throat, then strangely sweet. Husband said it tasted metallic, friend said way too sweet. Maybe it is one of those things that vary from person to person.