Much better than Frontier Natural Products brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I just purchased the large bag by Frontier Natural Products, and not having previously tasted cacao nibs I didn't know what to expect. When I received it in the mail, I noticed that the bag had a small puncture, but I tried them anyway. The taste was bitter and what I am guessing to be the taste of rancid nibs. I thought they were so nasty that I had thrown them away. Yet, I've heard how delightful the taste of cacao nibs were, so I went ahead and tried TerrAmazon brand. The taste of TerrAmazon is 5x better than Frontier Naturals. No bitter taste and really delicious. If this is your first time trying cacao nibs, they are not sweet. Just nutty with the smell of rich chocolate and crunchy texture. I add them to a homemade trail mix that includes nibs, mulberries, raisins, cashiews, pistachios, and goji berries.

Taste is not for the faint-hearted

Posted by SavoringLife on Apr 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Tastes outright bitter and yucky but interestingly, I keep wanting to eat this yuckiness when I add it to cereal with milk. :P

Good but not perfect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'd say these taste a little bitter in comparison to other cacao nibs that I've tried.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Nice and crunchy, not sweet at all. Great addition to bars and deserts.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great taste, I put in into smoothies and yogurts and it's very crunchy and yummy :)

Yum

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've tried a few different nibs but these by far are my favourite. They taste is great and I I love how the nibs are bigger/chunkiernibs than other brands.

Crunchy, Bittersweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought the nibs to sprinkle in my trail mix - what a great addition. They are slightly sweet and add a nice hint of chocolate. Not sure I could eat too much entirely on their own as they are a bit bitter (as is any unsweetened cocoa) but they are a great little flavour complement.

Crunchy authentic taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It's a little bit bitter but that's because no sugar was added. Tastes really authentic

Nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

When I first tried these, I was a little taken aback as it was a lot more bitter than I anticipated, however I have now grown to love them. If you are expecting a taste like chocolate chips you will be dissapointed though! They are much more bitter, and like concentrated cacao powder. I love them in my porridge for an antioxidant hit in the mornings and a slight chocolatey taste.

GREAT

Posted by parttimehealthyeater on Jan 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I put this in my smoothie and yogurt and it adds a nice chocolate flavour to it

1 2 3