Tasty Cheese Alternative

Posted by rabbit on August 22 2012 | Verified Purchase

Nutritional yeast has a nutty, cheesy flavor which is exquisite in many different recipes. I am vegan, so I use it mainly as a cheese flavor replacement. I use it to make a variety of vegan cheeses, alfredo sauce, cream of broccoli soup, au gratin potatoes, scalloped potatoes, cheesy mashed potatoes, and many other recipes. Nutritional yeast is also a great way to get a wide variety of essential vitamins through your food. After eating it, my urine is always bright yellow and I feel great. As of this writing, this brand offers the best deal for the money and tastes just as good, if not better than any other brand I've tried.

Sour

Posted by HealthyGuy on November 24 2010 | Verified Purchase

I find this Nutritional Yeast a bit too sour for my liking. I prefer the NOW brand.

Synthetic vitamin b's!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was so dissappointed to discover that this product is fortified with synthetic vitamins. I have not even opened it as yet.

Good nutrition for dog

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 22 2009 | Verified Purchase

I got these to add to my dog's diet - she has alot of allergies and I found a recipe in a book that included this ingredient. Not that easy to find so was glad to find it here and at a reasonable price. Its a good source of B vits for her and I mix it in her food. Seems like it would be easy to mix into many recipes. I do believe this recipe is helping her skin problems. I'm glad it comes in a big box! I will order it again.

very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 23 2013 | Verified Purchase

i use this more for the taste than the nutrient profile, but the taste is vey good (not bitter) and "cheesy". it comes in a big box and lasts for a long time. the best nutr.yeast i have tried :)

Fantastic product at a fantastic price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 6 2012 | Verified Purchase

I definitely shopped around for nutritional yeast, and this was the best price I found. I use it in cooking and have found it has a nice flavour.

great stuff.

Posted by thesavagesage on October 29 2009 | Verified Purchase

I used to take 2 tablespoons of this every day. It's great to be able to get such a deal at iherb. I put it in my salad dressing as a nutritional boost.

I don't know...

Posted by annannaljuba on June 16 2011 | Verified Purchase

I read multiple times people describing the taste as parmesan-cheese like. I'm confused, because it really tastes nothing like parmesan, wich is why I bought it. But as far as yeast goes, the taste is not bitter at all.

Great bulk buy

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 3 2017 | Verified Purchase

I put this in absolutely everything and have no regrets.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 23 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is awesome- every bit as good as Red Star. Great flavour.