did the job

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 13 2009 | Verified Purchase

I'm a physician that bought this product to help my baby with her colic. I found this after reading some research supporting the use of Lactobacillus Reuteri for colic- and this is one of the few products i could find that has that bacteria. She went from crying 3-4 hours every evening for weeks to being a normal baby in about 4 days time of using this product. It did the job. I do caution that it can cause bloating, loose stools and stomach discomfort for a few days after starting to use it. For a baby with colic this is probably no worse than what they already have.

women's best friend

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 17 2013 | Verified Purchase

The combination of Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri treat vulvovaginal candidiasis. Bifidobacterium infantis helps against bloating. Bifidobacterium longum has a long list of benefits, among which is the control against overgrowth of E coli.

Helps my daughter with her flatulence

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2010 | Verified Purchase

my daughter used to have bouts of room emptying, car stopping (to wind down the windows) flatulence. Now, she only has them when we stop giving her this Primadophilus Reuteri for about a week. We give her one teaspoon a day.

Rosacea Rescue

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 23 2010 | Verified Purchase

I did my homework & found that P. reuteri was found to be very resilient in the presence of H. pylori ( bad bacteria suspected to be the culprit behind the nasty acne-like papules on the skin with those suffering from Rosacea.) After about 4-6 weeks I noticed a difference, and now almost after 9 months my skin is 95% clear. It does not help the flushing. I also noticed that my acid reflux is MUCH improved. So much so that I have stopped taking Prevacid.

used for my 1 year old who has ezcema

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 13 2012 | Verified Purchase

this seems to help my 1 year old with her digestion and excema ( she has severe excema).

Great for little babies

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 12 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started my baby on this soon after I quit giving her breastmilk, around 6 weeks or so. I worked up to 1/4 tsp PER BOTTLE, so she got about 1 1/2 - 2 tsp of this powder per day. WOW WOW WOW! This stuff works, TOTALLY WORKS. My baby was sooo healthy, while others had the stomach flu, she would bypass it. When others had a cold, she would only get a lighter case of it. She was really healthy for a formula fed baby. I took her off it at 11 months or so, and she began to be much sicker. She started having a continous runny nose, colds, congestion, and she even had to be put in the hospital. IF ONLY I WOULD HAVE KEPT GIVING HER REUTERI POWDER< she might have bypassed all this and been healthy as she was before. Anyone who has a formula fed baby, THIS IS A MUST! It will make your baby healthy, and smooth out her digestive system. Just a little in each bottle, makes a huge difference! TRY IT YOU'LL SEE UPDATE: I had another baby, who is now 6 weeks old and had colic she would scream and fuss on and off for hours! I exclusivly pump breast milk and feed her in a bottle. So I add 1 1/2 tsp to one bottle per day or so, Its been about a week and she is getting better! Plus her goopy eye cleared up, Reuteri boosts the immune system, I look forward to giving this to my baby throughout her baby and possibly toddler years for a boosted immune system and better digestive health! It works!

Excellent product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 25 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the very best probiotic supplements on the market! I'd say it is at least tied with Culturelle GG in terms of effectiveness (I've tried and love both), which is saying a lot granted how well studied LGG is (just do a PubMed search). It mixes well (tastes great) when mixed directly in with yogurt which helps its absorption. The only downside is that it requires refridgeration, but don't allow that from preventing you from trying it.. I've used Jarrow probiotics before (I am a huge fan of Jarrow supplements) but Jarrow's probiotics don't compare as well as Nature's Way Reuteri powder. No major complaints here, only wish it was a tiny bit cheaper (or you'd get a little more than 5oz - which is still a lot).

acid reflux and constipation

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 15 2010 | Verified Purchase

My baby had suffered from acid reflux and constipation. I started using this product since he was 6 weeks old. His acid reflux got much better and his BM is perfect now!

Making yogurt

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 17 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was able to make yogurt with this product. I have a yogurt maker that holds about 1.5 litres of product and I followed the instructions given at a site that sells yogurt starters. Heat milk to between 180 and 200 degrees, hold it there for 5 minutes to kill off any bacteria that may compete with the culture. Put the pot in a sink of cold water and bring down to about 104 degrees before adding culture then I put it in my yogurt maker so it holds it at an ideal temp for whatever time I set it for. This has never failed me except once when I thought I would skip a step and just heat the milk to 104 and add the starter. The result was more like kefir, not thickened. I went back to the full heating method and once again perfect results. I was able to use 1/2 tsp of this to make yogurt using this method. Many of the starters ask for 1 to 2 tsp but with this method 1/2 tsp has always worked. I hope this info will help others making yogurt using this and other probiotic strains to make yogurt at home.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 18 2011 | Verified Purchase

My kids are never sick! I mix it in their yogurt and they don't have a clue it's there!