contains carbonate

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 27 2010 | Verified Purchase

Hard to know what the ratio is of carbonate/citrate/malate is

read the label!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 19 2008 | Verified Purchase

Usually Nature's Way is great, but I bought this thinking it was Calcium Citrate and it turns out to be a mixture of citrate, carbonate, and malate. I feel it is misleading to have the citrate in big bold letters when it is a blend of the three. Since citrate is much better than the others, esp. carbonate, it's just a way of making sales without delivering the product you think you're buying. In other words, a trick. I'm not going to buy this again because I take my calcium at night with water, and citrate is the only kind that can be absorbed without being taken with food. (By the way, calcium is a natural and mild sedative--that's why I take it at night. It helps me sleep.)

magnesium stearate, cellulose,

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 28 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have just read about certain ingredients, namely cellulose, that vitamin manufacturers are putting in their vitamins. I have taken this product for years without know exactly what magnesium stearate and cellulose is.....if you google cellulose - it is wood pulp. I have read that some cellulose comes from vegetable pulp and I would be fine with that - but this product only states "cellulose" so it leads me to believe that it is from wood. I am highly allergic to wood shavings - when around them I have an asthma attack. So, now I am dumping many of my vitamins that contain cellulose and magnesium stearate and buying only more natural products that do not contain these "fillers". I just bought Thorne Research cal-mag and I think I'll be happy with that. Until manufacturers start specifically saying what it is that's in their product - I will avoid buying them.

calcium citrate

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 12 2010 | Verified Purchase

i apparently did not read the strength of the calcium citrate that i ordered. i needed a pill with more calcium, and end up taking twice the number of pills to get the amount of calcium that i need, hence it is more expensive in the long run. i have ordered other things from you and have recommended your company to others. i will be more careful whenordering in the future