DO NOT BUY if you live in the UK

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 5 2018 | Verified Purchase

I bought 4 of these for shipment to the UK (£48.84) with an additional shipping fee ( $1.49). The total cost was £50.33. However, when the shipment arrived at my door, the DHL courier asked me to pay an additional £21! I expected to pay 20% in VAT but I did not expect an additional 20% fee from DHL. They call this an 'Advance Payment', which appears remarkably like a straight-forward way to get more money out of you. This is like the mysterious "processing fees" banks charge you for instantaneous computer transactions, such as money transfers, that require less than a millisecond to complete but for which you pay a substantial fee. So although the shipping is already paid for, DHL will add a big chunk of change on the back end when the VAT is more than £5. That is, unless of course you have a "deferment account", which I figure most customers do not. So if you don't have this "deferment account" and you live in the UK, I would advise you shop elsewhere for this product. And, should you refuse to pay DHL's exorbitant "Advance Payment" and ask for a refund, iHerb will charge you for shipping and "any return costs". Caveat emptor.