Jarrow Formula, Alpha Lipoic Sustain 300 with Biotin

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 25 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking these tablets for over a year now. I read somewhere that ALA was good for neuropathy along with Methyl B-12 which I also take. The ALA always lowers my blood sugar and balances it out because of the timed released tablets. But the big bonus is how my skin began to look and how my hair, that was thining, began to grow. I haven't had a pony tail since my teenage years but now I have a real one.

Wonderful product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 4 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought these after reading several reviews of how they helped people with diabetic neuropathy. I had it really bad in my feet and was having trouble sleeping so I said I would try anything to see if it would help, I was desperate. I tried these pills and they started to work almost immediately! I can finally get some sleep without the foot pain! THANK YOU JARROW FOR A WONDERFUL PRODUCT AND A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 8 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use Jarow Alpha Lipoic Sustain 300 for keeping the circulation in my legs flowing and my ankles from swelling. I have vericois veins and this helps my problem. This formula has no taste and is time released and in the amount I need, plus it was recommended by my doctor. CAT

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 30 2007 | Verified Purchase

When this and the L-carnitine above are combined they do a great job of enhancing brain function.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 12 2009 | Verified Purchase

Mom's kidney function was quickly declining due to systemic Lupus and the steroids she has taken for years. When she added this ALA to her protocol (one in AM and one in PM) her kidney function ceased declining. It has been over a year, and the kidney function remains at 37% We believe the lipoic acid protects the cells from further damage by the disease and the steroids. Dad was diabetic, and ALA kept his blood sugar down enough that he was able to discontinue his insulin injections.

The Best!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 30 2007 | Verified Purchase

It is awesome to get ALA w/ biotin ini t. My hair and nails grow superfast when I take this.

Diabetic Pain Much Relieved

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 14 2008 | Verified Purchase

This Jarrow time release ALA formula is making a dramatic improvement in the diabetic nerve pain and burning in my feet. The time release feature keeps the relief going for hours. I love this stuff.

Alpha Lipoic Sustain

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 1 2012 | Verified Purchase

My husband has taken Alpha Lipoic Sustain for several years after reading about it in Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes book. It helps to lower his blood sugars when used along with Evening Primrose Oil. These two products help his own insulin work more effectively. He is a type two diabetic, and also takes metformin. One time I decided to stop Alpha Lipoic Sustain and Primrose Oil for a six-month period of time to see if metformin alone would be enough. His blood sugars went up and his A1C also. I put him back on the two products, and blood sugars came down. Will use these two products from now on with these excellent results!

Alpha Lipoic

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 9 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is speeding my recovery from MS. Steve

The Best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 29 2007 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely the best for symptoms of diabetic neuropathy. I take 1200 mgs./day and the timed release seems to be most effective.