Labeling Disappointment

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was disappointed in the fiber content listed on the label (fiber 0) compared to Eden Foods organic buckwheat groats (fiber 5). I contacted Bob's Red Mill regarding this and was told that Bob's product testing is done by a third party and they label accordingly and that many companies use "typical" product analysis for their labeling. Pretty educational since I thought companies run their own product tests. At any rate I will be buying Eden Foods product henceforth.

didn't like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I don't know, if it's just some another type of buckwheat or what, it completely another taste from the buckwheat I used to eat in Russia. I can't even cook it properly, don't understand why is it so different

Not that great as I thought

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't taste as good as toasted buckwheat groats, although it might be nutritionally superior , also seems to be very overpriced for this amount.

This buckwheat is not for rawfoodist

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This buckwheat is not fried. It's good news. But it can't sprout. It's very very bad news. And during cooking it looks smashed, not friable.

Not impressed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

When I tried this I thought it was ok because I had never used buckwheat. I recently bought a packet of raw buckwheat from my local supermarket and scan now compare. Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat is not a good product if you want to make pilaf and so on. The buckwheat mushes together when cooked.