Helps Decongest and Drain Blocked Nasal Passages and Provides Relief from Symptoms Associated With...
- Common Colds
- Sinus Infections
- The Flu
Developed by Swedish Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists.
The entire Nasaline unit is completely latex free.
- Nasal Irrigator
- Storage/Travel Case
- 10 Pre-measured Saline Packets
The easy, comfortable and safe method to irrigate your nasal cavities with saline solution to provide relief from symptoms associated with allergies, colds or the flu.
Also recommended for:
- Follow-up for sinus and nose surgery
- Prevention of sinus related infections
- The syringe allows the user to control the flow for optimum comfort and effectiveness.
- The patented silicone tip was designed to produce a gentle and effective swirl when the saline solution enters the nose.
- No additional equipment or attachments required.
- Practical and durable for frequent and repeated use.
The easy, comfortable, and safe method to rinse your nasal cavities with saline solutions to effectively treat symptoms associated with allergies, colds, the flu, or sinus related infections.
What is Nasaline?
Nasaline is a unique, patented, drug-free nasal rinsing system designed by a team of Swedish ENT specialist. With simple use saline solution, Nasaline effectively washes away unwanted mucous, crusty secretions or allergens from the nasal cavities. After a prolonged stay in dry, dusty, or smoky environments, Nasaline cleans and soothes the nasal passages, reducing nasal irritation and moistening the mucous membranes. Nasaline is also recommended for the following:
- Prevention of sinus related infections
- Drug-free relief from pregnancy congestion
- Follow up treatment to sinus or nose surgery
- Relief from symptoms associated with nose polyps or after excessive use of cold medicines such as nose sprays and drops.
Nasaline is unique in many ways!
- The silicone tip is designed to fit most adult noses in such a way as to completely seal the nostril opening
- The channel inside the tip is formed in the shape of an hourglass, producing a gentle whirl stream when the saline solution enters the nose
- The syringe feature allows the user to control the flow for optimum comfort and effectiveness
- Protects against backflow if user slows or stops during the rinsing process
- Easy to clean to prevent bacterial buildup
Who can use Nasaline?
Unless advised otherwise by a doctor, anyone 4 years or older can safely use Nasaline. For children between ages of 4-12, we recommend using Nasaline Junior - a smaller unit that can be used under parental supervision. For newborns or toddlers we recommend Baby NäsaKleen - The Nasal Aspirator
With frequent use, the Nasaline unit should last approximately 4-6 months, after which it should be disposed of for functional and hygienic reasons
Use two (2) full syringes twice in each nostril per rinsing session. Rinse once or twice daily or as recommended by your doctor
Remove the tip, pull out the plunger and flush all three parts with warm water - let air dry
Three easy steps:
- Mix 1 packet (½ teaspoon) of Nasaline Salt with 1 cup (8 oz.) of warm water
- Extract the saline solution completely into the Nasaline applicator
- Stand (or sit) over a bathroom sink or use in the shower. Put the silicone tip against the nose so that it completely seals the nostril. Breathe normally through the mouth (or say aaaah...) and slowly push the saline solution up into the nostril. Refrain from swallowing... When the saline reaches the back of the nasal cavities, the palate closes automatically by reflex. The saline fills the nasal cavities and proceeds to pour out the other nostril. Perform this process twice in each nostril. Use a tissue to blow out any remaining saline in your nose. Some of the saline can remain in the nose and trickle out later. Tilting your head forward and turning side to side immediately after flushing can prevent this.
Important facts about the saline solution!
Use distilled or fresh clean water or use warm water directly from the tap. The water temperature should be at or close to body temperature - not lukewarm or tepid! The saline solution has the same salt content as the human body (0.9%) - this is called a physiological (or isotonic) saline solution. Note: The proper salt/water ration of the saline solution is very important! If too much salt is used (hypertonic), slight stinging may be felt. In some cases this may be desirable in order to shrink/reduce swelling of the mucous membranes - but this may also dry them out if used for an extended period of time. If less than the prescribed amount of salt is used (hypotonic), a stinging sensation may also be felt and it may swell the mucous membranes. This is not desirable, as you may feel somewhat more congested than you did prior to rinsing.
We do not recommend using regular iodized table salt as the iodine may cause allergic reactions. We also do not recommend using sea salt which may contain algae or pollen
We recommend that you consult your physician before using this product.
Package contains small parts. Keep out of reach of children!
Do no use product if:
- Nasal passage are completely blocked
- You have an acute or new ear infection
- You experience pressure in the ears
Before use, consult your physician if you suffer from any ear or sinus ailments
Keep out of reach of children!
Do not sure product with other persons as you may spread infections
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Nasaline can be safely used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Saline packets ingredients: 99.99% Sodium chloride.
Nasaline salt does not contain any additives or preservatives and is completely safe to use when rinsing the nasal cavities.