- Quick & Easy
- No Trans Fat
- USDA Organic
- No Saturated Fat
- No Cholesterol
- Certified Organic by The Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA)
From America's heartland to your heart.
Arrowhead Mills has been the pioneer and leader in organic and natural baking mixes, grains, cereals and nut butters since 1960. We believe in nature's abundance and treat food with respect-not chemicals! Capturing the essence of the earth with organically grown ingredients, Arrowhead Mills takes you back to the basics with the best-tasting diverse selection of products for home-baked goodness.
Organic Chocolate Cake:
You will need:
2 eggs (or egg substitute)
1/2 cup canola oil (or 4 oz butter or Spectrum Canola Oil)
1 1/4 cup milk (or soy milk or water)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil and flour 9"x 13" pan or two 8" or 9" round pans.
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, mix for approximately 2 minutes. Add cake mix and beat 2 to 3 minutes until well combined with a smooth texture.*
- Pour batter into pan(s). Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.*
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on rack. If preparing a layer cake remove cake from pans and frost. Otherwise frost once cake has cooled. Enjoy!
* May need to adjust for high altitude-additional flour and extend baking time.
Organic enriched unbleached white flour (organic flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), organic granulated evaporated cane juice, organic dutch cocoa, organic natural vanilla flavor, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate, sea salt, xanthan gum.
Contains wheat. Good manufacturing practices are used to prevent introduction of undeclared allergens.
Store in a cool dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 cake) (44 g mix)|
|Servings Per Container: 12|
|Amount Per Serving||Dry Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||90|
% Daily Value**
|Total Fat||1 g*||1%||17%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||5%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g||12%||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||5%||5%|
|* Amount in mix. Prepared as directed with skim milk, eggs and canola oil contributes an additional 100 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium and 1 g total carbohydrate (1 g sugar).
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|